Comprehensive care through pregnancy, home birth and postpartum
Each of the hour-long prenatal visits will provide you with individualized information and support for your pregnancy. Topics that are often discussed include diet, exercise, relaxation, natural childbirth, early parenting and lactation. Should any common discomforts or issues arise during your pregnancy, you will be offered nutritional and natural alternatives to pharmaceuticals if appropriate and desired. Access to a midwife 24/7 for emergencies via mobile phone is included in the home birth package.
As your primary health provider during pregnancy, I offer laboratory tests and screenings that are in keeping with community and midwifery standards. I will take time to explain options of tests or interventions and will strive to ensure that you have the necessary information to make informed choices. In the unlikely event that the pregnancy deviates from low risk, I will consult or refer to a more appropriate health care provider while continuing to offer support and additional information. I work with you as a team and recognize you as the central decision maker. In addition, you can expect the needs and preferences of your family to be honored, as well as, respect for your cultural, social and spiritual values.
- Complete history upon initiation of care
- Fetal assessment (fetal heart tones, position and growth)
- Laboratory testing, screenings and diagnostic ultrasounds
- Continued assessment for risk factors or signs and symptoms of complications
- Nutrition and exercise support
- Emotional support and well being
- Labor and birth information and preparation
Schedule of Prenatal Visits
- Once a month from start of care until 28 weeks
- Twice a month from 30 weeks to 36 weeks
- In home visit at 36 weeks
- Once a week from 37 weeks until birth
- Physical and emotional support in home or hospital in the case of a transport
- Specialized support as needed for water birth or vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
- Advise on ways to support normal labor, such as: food, fluids, resting, walking, position change, breathing, etc.
- Assessing effacement, dilation and station as necessary
- Assessing fetal heart tones for deviations from normal
- Perineal support and repair as necessary
- Monitoring mother and newborn in the immediate postpartum until stable
- Breastfeeding support
- Newborn exam and care instructions
- Newborn Screening, Vitamin K injection and eye prophylaxis, if desired by parents
Schedule of Postpartum Visits
- 24 to 36 hours in home
- Day 3 or 4 in home
- 2 to 3 week visit in office
- 6 week visit in office
- Additional visit as needed or requested
- Home Birth Package: $6000 (includes prenatal care, labor care, postpartum care, water birth tub)
- Insurance billing, payment plan and financing available
- Credit card payments accepted (3% convenience fee applies)
- Cash pay discount of $500 for those that pay in full by 37 weeks
- In the interest of providing you with a midwife you know during your labor and birth, this practice limits the number of clients in care to no more than 4-5 per month
- Availability is limited, please schedule your free consultation today. Call 831.233.4440 or book online 24/7.
Providing midwifery care to Monterey County and some areas of San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties: Seaside, Monterey, Del Rey Oaks, Marina, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Pebble Beach, Carmel Valley, Big Sur, Salinas, Prunedale, Spreckels, Soledad, Gonzales, King City, Hollister, San Juan Bautista, Moss Landing, Castroville, Watsonville, Freedom, Santa Cruz, Aptos, Soquel and Capitola.